Not being able to perform TP-Link repeater firmware update can really leave a user frustrated. The reason being, it stops them from enhancing the functionality of their devices. If you are troubled because of the same issue, it is recommended that you walk through this article. Here, we have listed down some hacks following which troubleshooting the TP-Link repeater firmware update failure issue will become a piece of cake for you. Thus, stick to reading.
Fixed: TP-Link Repeater Firmware Update Failed
- Reboot Your TP-Link Repeater
Before implementing any other troubleshooting hack, it is advised that you reboot your tplinkrepeater by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Disconnect your TP-Link repeater from your home router.
- Turn off your repeater and unplug it from its electrical outlet.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your repeater back into its electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Reconnect your TP-Link repeater to your home router.
Once you are done rebooting your TP-Link wireless repeater, check whether you are able to update the firmware of your device. No? In that case, continue reading.
- Check the Ethernet Connection
The Ethernet cable maintaining a connection between your TP-Link wireless repeater and your home router should not be worn out or damaged from anywhere. On the off chance, it is, consider getting it exchanged with a brand new one. If this option fails to bear any fruit, connect your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Pull Your WiFi Devices Closer
If your TP-Link repeater and your home router are not placed in close proximity, they won’t be able to communicate properly leading you to similar issues that you are currently facing.
Therefore, unplug your wireless repeater from the wall socket it is currently plugged into and plug it into the one located near your home router.
- Avoid Signal Interference
If you have placed your TP-Link wireless repeater near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, aluminium studs, corners, concrete walls, and utensils containing water, change its location right away.
- Reset Your TP-Link Repeater
Did none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks help you resolve the TP-Link repeater firmware update failure issue? Well, in that case, it is recommended that you reset your wireless device.
Wondering how to go about the process? Well, it’s not that difficult. All you need to do is, simply follow the steps given here:
- Locate the Reset button located at the bottom of your repeater.
- Once found, press it using a pointy object.
- Wait for some time.
Once you are done resetting your device, refer to the guidelines given in the user manual and perform TP-Link repeater setup via http://tplinkrepeater.net.
Now, follow the steps mentioned below and update the firmware of your device:
How to Perform TP-Link Firmware Update?
- Plug your TP-Link wireless repeater into a wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for the LED to become a shade of green.
- Connect your repeater and the router using a wired or wireless source.
- Switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser.
- Download the latest firmware version for your TP-Link wireless repeater.
- Extract the firmware file.
- Open a new tab in your internet browser.
- In the address field, type the default web or IP address.
- Press the Enter key.
- The tplinkrepeater.net login page will welcome you.
- Fill in the default admin username and password of your device.
- Click the Log In button.
- Once you are on the Quick Setup wizard, head over to the Settings menu.
- Click the System Tools and select the Firmware Update option.
- Go to the Browse button.
- Select Upload.
- In some time, your device will automatically reboot.
You can also update the firmware of your repeater using the Tether application.
Here is to hope that after following the troubleshooting hacks mentioned above, you will be able to fix the TP-Link repeater firmware update failure issue. If you are aware of any other tip except the ones mentioned in this article through which the issue can be resolved, do let us know via the comment section. We would love to learn something new.